Sunday 15 September 2013

Day 422: Faith


Never lose faith. Keep the faith. Faith is strength. Faith will lead the way. Everyone has it, to some degree. Even if you don't - this poem seems to say - there are ways of finding it.

 
Faith - David Whyte

I want to write about faith,
     about the way the moon rises
        over cold snow, night after night,

faithful even as it fades from fullness,
     slowly becoming that last curving and impossible
          sliver of light before the final darkness.

But I have no faith myself
      I refuse it even the smallest entry.

Let this then, my small poem,
     like a new moon, slender and barely open,
          be the first prayer that opens me to faith.

1 comment:

  1. Shopping for jewelry can be lots of fun; however, this can also be extremely stressful if you’re aiming to purchase an expensive jewelry piece. Each piece’s price depends on the materials it is made out of.
    tgihealthcareprofessionals.com |

    hospitality-cushion.com |

    sugarloafanimalhospital.com |

    jackrabbithealth.com |

    healthcity-tiendaonline.com |

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!