Friday 5 September 2014

Day 777: Ode to Ocean


I woke up this morning with the hypnotic notes of 'Oceans' from Coldplay stuck in my head. (Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWQoA1Psh0)  And this poem by Mary Oliver seems the perfect accompaniment. 
 

Ocean - Mary Oliver

I am in love with Ocean
lifting her thousands of white hats
in the chop of the storm,
or lying smooth and blue, the
loveliest bed in the world.
In the personal life, there is

always grief more than enough,
a heart load for each of us
on the dusty road. I suppose
there is a reason for this, so I will be
patient, acquiescent. But I will live
nowhere except here, by Ocean,
trusting
equally in all blast and welcome
of her sorrowless, salt self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!