Tuesday 30 June 2015

A Pretty Song




A Pretty Song - Mary Oliver

From the complications of loving you
I think there is no end or return.
No answer, no coming out of it.

Which is the only way to love, isn't it?
This isn't a playground, this is
earth, our heaven, for a while.

Therefore I have given precedence
to all my sudden, sullen, dark moods
that hold you in the center of my world.

And I say to my body: grow thinner still.
And I say to my fingers, type me a pretty song,
And I say to my heart: rave on.

1 comment:

  1. Planet Minecraft is a family friendly community that shares and respects the creative works and interests of others. We have a variety of entertaining ways to explore and upload content, socialize and find like minded creative members from around the world that love the game of Minecraft.
    Spacebar test

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!