Friday 22 January 2016

Morning


It's Friday and to get that Friday feeling, here's free-rhythm maestro Frank O' Hara.


Morning - Frank O'Hara

I've got to tell you
how I love you always
I think of it on grey
mornings with death

in my mouth the tea
is never hot enough
then and the cigarette
dry the maroon robe

chills me I need you
and look out the window
at the noiseless snow

At night on the dock
the buses glow like
clouds and I am lonely
thinking of flutes

I miss you always
when I go to the beach
the sand is wet with
tears that seem mine

although I never weep
and hold you in my
heart with a very real
humor you'd be proud of

the parking lot is
crowded and I stand
rattling my keys the car
is empty as a bicycle

what are you doing now
where did you eat your
lunch and were there
lots of anchovies it

is difficult to think
of you without me in
the sentence you depress
me when you are alone

Last night the stars
were numerous and today
snow is their calling
card I'll not be cordial

there is nothing that
distracts me music is
only a crossword puzzle
do you know how it is

when you are the only
passenger if there is a
place further from me
I beg you do not go

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been following this blog since 2015. I always go back to Frank O'Hara because he's my favorite but I love discovering new poetry and reading your thoughts and commentary before each one. I feel like my life, personally, has been so unpredictable over the past years but this blog has really become a place of ease and familiarity. Thank you for the poetry. Thank you for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do You Need Finance? Are You Looking For Finance? Are You Looking For Finance To Enlarge Your Business? We Help Individuals And Companies To Obtain Finance For Business Expanding And To Setup A New Business Ranging Any Amount. Get Finance At Affordable Interest Rate Of 3%, Do You Need This Finance For Business And To Clear Your Bills? Then Send Us An Email Now For More Information Contact Us Now Via Financialserviceoffer876@Gmail.Com Whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!